Coming Home

Home: by His Grace, for His Glory

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

motherhood

Just read a blog on mamapedia about losing one;s identity when a mother. Put a long post there; feel free to read it.

This has led me to other thoughts of being a woman and mothering. though I'd post a poem or two.

first about being a woman:


When a Woman BY Cat

Only as my woman heart speaks from my soul
do tears of sorrow and joy mingle-
finding union with
who I am.
to feel.....
It is my gift, to express what I know
to struggle with what I don't.
It is my pain, tears flowing from the
well of who I am.
It is my hope,as words of truth
filter through the intuition
of my self.
When a woman
I am at home,
I am free,
to be.

and on becoming a mother I wrote:


When a Mother, BY CaT
My heart has come out of hiding.
forced out by giving love,
giving safety, receiving love.
Creeping and fearful at first
But out it came.
So frightening being responsible
to be in charge of little ones so fragile.
And I, the fragile one (though outsiders never suspect).
But little ones know
they sense the fear
they sense the love
they sense the parts of me broken.
And yet,
little ones have called me with tenderness
and have given me life anew.
Tears flow from the deepest well of my soul.
For love, for joy, for sorrow, for hope.
In hope, that in my mothering
I'm taken beyond I am
to the I AM.

There is more where this came from. Do you identify with any of this? Does it help/hinder?

Thanks for sitting with me.
Cat

No comments: