Coming Home

Home: by His Grace, for His Glory

Friday, February 12, 2010

IT'S WINTER TIME AND I ALWAYS MISS COLORADO DURING THEIR SNOWY SEASON AND THE COOL FLORIDA DAYS THAT ARE EMPTY OF SNOW. REMINDS ME OF A POEM I WROTE YEARS AGO. HOPE YOU ENJOY:


Colorado Comes to Me
By Cat

Colorado comes to me, early evening breezes refresh the air.
Clouds frolicking in the crispy blue of the Columbine.

I remember the aspen leaves' love of following
running with the wind, their translucent dresses
playing with forever green needles.

Atop peaks of cotton, gold rimmed horizon
streaking a sunset at the end of day over majestic mountains
(giving the word its meaning).

And the snow storm wore different outfits
gentle powder of the angels
whirling-white-wind and wetness
thrashing icy rain-slush-snow flurries.

Though far away, Colorado calls to me, “Come home”.

Okay this isn't exactly Colorado...but it made me feel like I was in Colorado while in Austria

1 comment:

jeps said...

Beautiful. That is also an amazingly beautiful picture - I would love to go there some time.