Coming Home

Home: by His Grace, for His Glory

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Motherhood Motherhood: the guilt.......

This is what I'm writing about these days. You could think this book is  basking in my pain because I, above all, should never write a book about GUILT. But I pause, and know that because I've failed in so many ways and Yes, I still want to live and I to cherish those moments, days and years that my mothering Wasn't about guilt.


In Corinthians Paul tells us that He will comfort us and in turn we are to comfort others with that. I desire that. Paul (pretty smart guy) also tells us that God can use the weakest vasel for His Glory and that in our weakness GOD will be our strength. I'm counting on that.


Share with me your struggles in motherhhood guilt and what has helpd you or that you need help


In the midst of my saddest months of guilt, I believe God encouraged me with this poem I wrote, so I could find His peace and in turn encourage you:


                          FORGIVENESS
by Cat


Facing the truth; from the well of my existence,
sorrow so deep I can't find the bottom.
Ripped from my marrow, my flesh, my soul.


How will I ever look up or forward or at tomorrow?
I am full of regret and guilt; turning from, turning towards.
Tears falling again and again - weeping like the weeping willow.


Yet now, I , find my Father, He rocks my soul,
              back and forth,
                                 back and forth.


"I wipe your tears little one,
      I've heard your pain - My heart has felt the hurt,
      felt your guilt and I bring you peace,
                  sweet, lay-you-by-still-waters peace.


It has ripped my soul also.
Remember, 'the east from the west',
                          'whiter than snow.'"


I rest in the One who holds my tears, who loves me
                   in so many ways He gives me grace,
                   hope, joy.
Now I  rest,
     His peace flowing in and around me.

No comments: